The palate of variety , in a city like London, is almost endless...but the other day, my twin sat down beside me on the bus. And in my peripheral vision, I watched her act out...me!
Presumably my age, she got on the bus, took to the upper level and sat in the front seat, even if it meant doubling up with someone. She settled in and thought about her day as we made the first few stops, then pulled out a book- parallel texts in French and English (something I also have out of the library). She opened to where she thought she'd left off and read a bit, with occasional looks out our front seat panoramic window, interested in the life on the street. It wasn't long however until she became preoccupied with the thoughts piling to the front of her morning brain that her gaze out the window became persistant and the book lay open and forgotten in her lap. I smiled. Her stop came, she closed the book, replaced it in her bag and set off for the day.
I had thought my twin was in Virginia. In fact [she] sat right down beside me!
1 comment:
Isn't it funny to see a total stranger that reminds you of yourself? I enjoyed your "conversions" post, too, by the way. I always thought a kilo was 2.2 pounds too. =)
Post a Comment