WORLD
Around the circle of volunteers-in-training we were originally from Hungry, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Ethiopia, USAmerica, Japan, England, DRCongo, Ghana, Afghanistan, Russia.
FRENCH/ WORLD
In French class, where I am easily the junior by 25 years, I enjoy the mix of flavors from England, Korea, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Israel, France.
ITALIAN
I recently spent lots of time with a bunch of Italians with my Italian/Cape Verdian friend with whom I speak French. It's not that hard to get the gist of the main topic of conversation, but when went to open my mouth, I wasn't sure whom to address in which language since some also spoke Spanish and English.How confusing! I am not at all nimble in switching between languages.
SLICE OF LIFE
Once a week I walk my neighbor girl to school. It's a brief immersion into the responsibility of parenting and school attendance and little friends and a playground full of all walks of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment