Like my hero Maria VonTrapp, sometimes I simply remember my favorite things…
I love breezes blowing across my face
Open air markets
Waking up slowly
Night skies and constellations that I know my family will see in about 6 hours
Morning light
Health
A meal extended to me
Cool sand on bare feet
Real but improbable situations
Good jokes shared
The existence of hundreds of languages in the world
Common ground
(Really ridiculous and impractical) animal sounds (i.e. guinea fowl and doves and donkeys)
Hand greetings (this is a immensely important, generously warm, and positively jovial part of Nigerién culture)
A candle flame
Dancing
People who love me
…and then I don't feel so bad. That being said, while favourite things are comforting, the depth and joy of life are not based only on if my favourite things "happen along" my path. In fact it is all these "favourite things" which remind and convince me of God's presence in our current living. And so also the existence of Faith and Hope and Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment