Not Kidding

They're not kidding that it will get colder here! I have had a hard time believing it...but last night I was persuaded. Sleeping on the terrace with no more than a sheet for cover, it got down to 20 degrees Celcius!

Getting ready for the day and anxiously waiting for the sun to warm things up, I had to talk myself out of wearing a sweater, since I knew what midday sun can do.

I could tell that the town was waking up later and more slowly because of the cold. The sounds of waking and getting about that waft over living space walls was definitely behind the norma times.

I made a big conversational deal over the change in temps, but I was overreacting, judging by the local response. "Yeah, but it'll get much colder," they said "Colder than Europe!" one promised.

That said, it was a brilliant sun-rise and a heart melting -set today.

2 comments:

sara said...

I understand Hannah! I'm in Georgia, and it's like 65 degrees and I'm bundled up in blankets and hoodies...and I'm only at the tip of the iceberg (the literal iceberg awaiting in ND). Hope you enjoy the days!
I miss you

davidc said...

Around here, the cold doesn't affect how quickly I wake up, but it has a great influence on how fast I ride my bike to work.