Hebdomadaire Two

(other things I do each week)

Floss.
Okay, I'm lazy.

Correspondence
Sunday mornings are blessedly quiet here and I make sure I never miss that time. I borrow the guitar and pull out my hymnal from my home congregation and follow my nose and the Spirit through scripture and song. Even just the silence and the morning breeze are a welcome correspondence with God. Weekends are also a time to catch up on letters, emails, blogs, news if the internet connection serves us.

Play
My legs tell me that I just need to break out in a run sometimes! So I channel this urge in various disguises:

running to catch a Frisbee
flying a kite
dancing
jumping rope at sundown
doing Tai Bo/aerobics at sun-up
declining a ride in the vehicle and walking back

Teach a little English class
As word of it has spread by mouth, there's lots of interest (it probably has nothing to do with the fact that we're the 2 single women on the expat team), but it's a handful that actually show up regularly. This has been fun to work with my English-speaking team-mate on a few creative lessons that we teach to whomever and whatever level comes. It's held in the late evening, midweek, after a full day's work. Nevertheless, as P and I lock up the office and trudge home together we often grin when we realize that we were energized by the little 'reunion'.

No comments: