I was part of an incredibly international team who struggled and succeeded to get along. This is after one of the Sunday brunches that we started
I held an outdoor party to say goodbye to friends there. We got the supplies there on donkey carts, flew kites, played petanque (bocci ball), listened to music, had traditional tea, stayed until dark and strung lights in the trees...
I spent one night at each of 'my' villages where I worked the most. Here we are relaxing after work- me and another nurse who had come to fill in at the clinic.
No, I am not going to buy a bed at the market! I would have to carry it on my head and I live too far away (is really what I told him!) We had a good laugh.
Another shot of the market in the town where our health center is.
This a most typical small community you will find if you get off the main road. This may be one large or several families. If you stop, they will generously host you or point you in the direction you are looking to go, over the next hill, past the well, beyond the big tree...
1 comment:
Thanks for letting us share this poignant backward look.
Post a Comment