This evening my fingers found the comfort of a borrowed guitar, my voice found the comfort of a melody for a sad heart.
My dialing fingers found the kind reception of a sister at the other end of a call.
Today my spirit felt the rush of risk-taking toward an encounter that left both of us certain of the Divine, giving life to our briefly crossing paths.
My tongue savored the mingling of green and fruity flavors.
My eyes nodded off with the challenge and relaxation of learning by written word.
I give thanks for my small room, for the simplicity and limits.
I am thankful for reasons to go places, to be about.
I am thankful for my body and how it works.
I am thankful that I need others, how it leaves me inextricably part of the human web.
I am grateful for the acts of listening, of forgiveness. Two of the most powerful...
I am grateful for the One who makes forgiveness and redemption possible, that the cycle has been broken.
I am grateful for the capacity to dream and look ahead, to be drawn on by hope and anticipation, for the promise that time passes.
I am grateful for deep sadnesses of the heart, and for the blooms of joy that spring up alongside.
I am grateful to be alive.
3 comments:
Amen, sister. Beautifully said.
thanks for these honest true thoughts :)
hannah,
i heard from jenny that you're doing a tropical med course in london right now. so awesome! i'm jealous. what does this mean for your future... are you headed back into the tropical med world?
hope you enjoy your time there learning such great things.
b
Post a Comment