Ladies and gentlemen, these are not geckos. What we have here are serious lizards en force! They range anywhere from 5 to 12 inches long and from blend-in brown to bi-colored purple and yellow. They can be found on any sun-facing wall where they love to soak up the rays and eat insects live and whole. They are fast buggers! Thankfully, they squiggle away from creatures that are bigger than they, such as me. But they are surprisingly bold, for how soft-shelled they are. While they are mounted on the sunny walls, the slinky reptiles make this jerky pumping motion up and down with their head and torso.I haven't yet figured out why. Other than their tails, their bodily movements are rather anguler, taking stock of their surroundings left and right from 45 degree angles.
I have grown quite accustomed to them- frankly I have no choice in the matter. They are simply co-habitants here. They live in my ceiling, and one morning I found a nice large turd on the mat on my floor- evidence of a lizard roomate. C'est la vie.
No comments:
Post a Comment