Rejuvination (addendum to Team Life)

Birthdays are celebrated perhaps with a cake or special meal or a movie. Farewells may include an invitation to the many national staff here in town, a meal of couscous and meat sauce and sodas and music.


I have been thankful to find friends on the team. Eventually there is a way to connect in some way with each one, but there are also some other young women who like to do the same things I do, like play guitar, go for a picnic, visit neighbours, hang out at the tailor shop, do Taibo in the morning, drink tea with the guardians who work at the house, make popcorn, play scrabble in French!

Another diversion is that my friend from Holland and I started a weekly English class for our colleagues who want to learn English. I'm not sure what I'm thinking, that I can teach my own language using a languge I speak not very well. But its an excuse to enjoy people and have a creative project to work on.

(Hmmm..I guess I'm still me, all the way over here in Niger :)

No comments: