Dig Wells in Dry Season

Village wisdom says that if you dig and hit water in dry season, your well will never run dry. Well, today almost got the best of me and I nearly missed the best chance to dig a well for the water of gratefulness. Let it not be so!

I am so grateful that...
  •  I have recent memory of better days than this
  • We have ample transportation for our many transitions
  • During months of stress and duress, we have been nothing but healthy (excepting our diet at times ;)
  • We have a three-year-old daughter who, after expressing her sadness about moving so much, kicks up her heels, inviting us along!
  • I know a lot of wholesome people
  • I am related to a lot of people with real Hope
  • I am married to a man who has friends
  • I speak the same language as the people who can help me
  • Though I may feel so, I am not alone
  • I have been loved well
  • I can love!
  • Seasons come and go
  • The sun came up
  • I can hear birds
  • I can sleep unafraid at night
  • And though it can seem like an endless, nebulous process...there is a house being built somewhere, that we hope to live in sometime, and call it our own, and share with others...and there is much beauty surrounding it
And now the day is done... but let this be an artesian well!
After the deer helped themselves to my memorial zinnia sprouts at the land, the other day I found two blooming stalks, smiling in September, in the face of the craziness. A surprise and total gift.


4 comments:

Queenie said...

May it be a well of great blessing to you, sister. Beautiful zinnias, beautiful house, beautiful hearts of perseverance and commitment and gratitude.

Second Sister said...

Don't give up, sister. Never give up. Focus in on each delightful moment.

Unknown said...

Love you guys so much. May God continue to bless you with reminders of his love despite the dry stressful season. So much love for you all!

saramwagura said...

I'm so glad you just mentioned in your email that you haven't blogged in months because I have not ready your blog in YEARS. So I still get to catch up! I love reading your thoughts, they always feed my soul. Miss you dearly