Lumber School

Forgetful Squirrel
Acorn becomes sprout
Sprout becomes tree
200 years of sustenance
A grand White Oak finally dies
Tree is felled
Round trunk is sawn into lumber with right angles
Lumber goes to school and gets graded for its grain, strength, quality.


We are the wealthy recipients of the amazing and beautiful resources of a tree.

These are the thick boards and beams that will be used 'green' (not dried). The 1" boards are drying elsewhere.
The lumber was given excellent grades.


Grading requires a professional engineer and a square and a pencil: measuring wood grain-slopes, knots, dimensions, & tree type.  Thanks to JZ and his assistant.





Thanks to my sister-in-law, I got to be on the crew that day!
Stacking

Stacking




8 tons done


We have PD and LC to thank for all the progress this week







1 comment:

Queenie said...

What an incredible process this all is, sister! I sure wish I could help or contribute in some way...long-distance cheerleading will have to do it! Love you! Well-done you and M and all the wonderful people who have been helping you!