Meanwhile, behind the scenes, a fleet of people
made it possible for the blitz build to happen. We were replete with
love and generosity:
B&B (Beds and Bathrooms)
"I'm coming to help you clean"- MC (Full basement ready for 5 guests + kitchen floor sparkling)
Childcare
"M can play at our house while you grocery shop for the crew" -HW
Little M came back effervescing from her day with cousins at Aunti M's. -MCK
Freezer filling + Cooking help
"I would love to spend a day helping you cook for the weekend" - LC
"Happy Mother's Day: you now have containers full of dahl ready to thaw for meals" - CS
"I am unloading stuff from my freezer- it's yours" - GR
"I have chili + cupcakes + bars ready for you in my freezer" - MC
"I'm bringing you brownies" -DG (How could I have not thought of that?!)
Planning help
"I am happy to help think through meals/logistics/etc with you. Here are some hydration/cooling techniques I can offer..." CC
Expert meal plan consultation - CS
"Let's do something fun!" (which motivated me to get my ducks in a row) - AC
We made it! Everyone was well fed and slept, if not over-worked.
And the Paul-Bunyan-sized pizzas (purchased, and broader than a doorway) were, appropriately, a HUGE hit on Saturday night.
It does a lot for a project to have seasoned experts come boost the progress, navigate challenging terrain, and have good a good time doing it.
2 comments:
A great time for Paul Bunyan Pizza! Looks like a success. Well done all!
Way to go, sister! Your thanks for every gift, no matter how small, touches my heart.
Post a Comment