online


I have very little with which to prove that I'm going to school, since most of it is online. So to add some substance to this educational experience, I opted each semester to take a class on campus instead of online. It has been worth every penny of fuel to drive across the mountain and be 'live.' In addition,  I got a little job assisting with a grant at the school. Here's me, at school.


Last fall I had the fun of having a carpool buddy who is a friend and classmate in the same program. The walk across campus and the mountain commute was chock-full of debriefing and sharing the experience of the program.

In my 4th semester of taking classes, I am more relaxed about how the program runs and am just enjoying what I'm learning. At this point in my track of nursing, we assess the health of populations, instead of individuals. That is one distinguishing aspect of public health. 

My internship is an opportunity to work with an evidence-based course for self-management of chronic diseases. The nurses who facilitate the program want a way to harness the positive outcome data to promote and grow the program. That's where I come in. It's fun!

No comments: