It seems like my blog ends up being only pictures of nature and garden delights. Oh well- the truth is that a part of me thrives on dirt and produce and birds and leaves and the water cycle and I like to share that with others.
This morning, the pink and orange rise lured me out to check on the seeds I planted yesterday. I started weeding things and came home triumphantly with...
...a fist full of wild spring onions! I simply plucked and sliced these fresh slender whites that had been planted by wind and water. What a gift! Their powerful flavor will simmer nicely in a wild onion and 'shroom soup.
Six months ago, my father-in-law and I leisurely cast turnip seeds in for a second-season garden
... and up thrust a hearty patch of roots and greens that two families haven't yet eaten through.
I picked one today for a fresh crunch along with wraps for dinner. Here's to amazing root veggies!
No comments:
Post a Comment