Fingers in the dirt and planting seeds have been therapeutic ways of home-coming for me. Since mid-September we have been munching freshness and green from the garden by the fingers-full and arm-fulls.
I thought I'd post some foliage and exciting signs of growth from our neck of the woods, indoors and out.
See the little bud? My Swiss Ivy is coming back to leaf and life!
I love this new leaf reaching up to cup the sunlight.
Meet my new cold frame. I built it around one row of swiss chard plants and then transplanted the rest of them in.
Another peek.
Here's a view underneath another rig-up over my broccoli and cabbages that I hope to baby into the cold weather.
Turnips and greens, crimson chard, beet tops, radishes, cress, romaine leaves, and collards!
Dill, parsley, & sour grass for salad (I simply harvested these, didn't plant them)
Arm-fulls of turnip tops!
Here is a beautiful bunch that I had the pleasure of plucking from someone else's garden
...but I shall leave that for another post.
2 comments:
lovely produce!
hey girl - makes me hungry looking at all those veggies! i hope your efforts are successful over winter. dad
Post a Comment