Shindig

M&I have been reliving the fun from the weekend and our 
"We-got-married-party"
We don't have many pictures, but the memory is sweet.

On Saturday, little did this peaceful scene, from our back deck, know what it was in for...

 The first round of friends arrived by noon and got the party started with campfire popcorn. The game was to catch it coming out.
Throughout the afternoon, the house filled with music, pictures, and mint tea, friends and kinfolk, young and old.


And then, the craziness got started... 

 There was homemade jousting in the orchard. All you need is a bike tire, a cardboard tube, some helmets and some goofy people.

M's Mom gave a beautiful cake printed with our picture in edible ink on rice paper.
Here the bride and groom are properly cutting the cake (instead of the cheese, like at the wedding).


Our humble kitchen/living-room was filled to overflowing several times.

And we were thoroughly pounded! Guests brought us pounds of 
popcorn, borax, nuts, beans, flours, fruit, soap, napkins, and even music, stories, and candles!

The night before our wedding, we said we were millionaires.
Now 3.5 months into marriage, we know we're even richer.

2 comments:

Second Sister said...

awesome. I tried to get some photos for you, but I don't think any of mine are better than these!I do have some video of the jousting.

A said...

Thanks for the pictures of the jousting--having missed that part of the party, I was pretty curious!! And thanks for a good time. love