You might be surprised how green it is here. The other day on the way back from the clinics, I counted 7 different shades of green! Admittedly some of them had clear family resemblence to their brother Brown, but I counted them decidedly green:
Thorny acacia trees and a greener more leafy cousin, scrubby plants that I could describe as a dark green prickly ameba, faint prairie grass stretching away in a metallic sheen, and various other grasses and scrubs.
You know when you're sorting tomatoes, selecting the ripest for canning, and subtly the standard of color shifts before you eyes. The last 'ripe' one you choose is remarkably orange compared to the first, but ripe all the same. It is kind of like that.
I am sure now that the shades and frequencies of color are infinite. My eyes have had a 6 month lesson in beauty, staged in totally new surroundings. In each locale, the eyes take in the local palette of frequencies.
"everything is beautiful…in its own way…"
1 comment:
I love how you challenge me to wake up my senses.-ME
Post a Comment