Something Cute to Watch

I got to watch my niece Cream Puff last night- her first true "babysitting" experience where the parents left the keys and phone numbers etc with me. She gave her Mom a reassuring giggle as she went out the door (good timing, Cream Puff!) that everything was going to be alright. And it was. We had a little dance party, book and play time, checked the yard and garden and stuffed our faces before a little walk. She never cried a peep! However, I could tell her usual energy waned as her bright little brain was processing " I trust you and you sound like her...but you're not my Mom!"

The reunion with her parents was something cute to watch. Once she was swept into the arms of Dad and Mom, her energy of gushing giggles and flappity wiggles lit up just like the screen of battery-powered laptop when you plug it into the wall.


And today I personally measured her 8-month-old thighs: 10.5 inches in circumference EACH! Yeah baby!

1 comment:

current typist said...

Awww...that's my daughter! Thanks for the warm fuzzies. -ME