*Lest the sight of a text-only blog turns you off, fear not- PHOTOS follow*
Cream Puff and her uni-curl

That's what I'm talking about
This past rainy Saturday was the day my sister and family moved to town. I rode my bike the mile to their little apartment and found the unload already in process. Bypassing the stream of friendly and grunting helpers, I promptly made my way to the interior to find my niece Cream Puff desperately awaiting my constant attention. She first melted my heart with her gush of giggles and then we made our inspecting way over to the kitchen for edibles of interest.
Let it be known that without fail, when at the home of M&C one finds oneself to be deliciously and generously well-fed and accompanied with good music. This morning was no exception. Even though the clock had recently struck 8:30 and even though they'd only lived there a total of about 15 minutes, it was already true. Cream Puff and I found a glistening box of...donuts! on the beginning-to-be crowded countertop. And, well, I made myself at home. Cream Puff got her sweets in a processed form, later.
The move-in process was impressive. The pack-job from the night before had been done in flawless reverse order of today's installation. I hardly lifted a finger and well, they did a great job! But hey- I was grunting too. I was lugging a 7-month old who is in 1-yr old clothing, ok?
In a matter of hours and a few meals later, their one-bedroom apartment looked better than my own room, which I moved back into a week ago, which I explain thus: 1) my brain operates differently and 2) I'm moving "in" and moving "out" at the same time. Most importantly, what a blessing it is that we can afford to have sturdy roofs over our heads. Yahoo!
Welcome to town you guys!
Let it be known that without fail, when at the home of M&C one finds oneself to be deliciously and generously well-fed and accompanied with good music. This morning was no exception. Even though the clock had recently struck 8:30 and even though they'd only lived there a total of about 15 minutes, it was already true. Cream Puff and I found a glistening box of...donuts! on the beginning-to-be crowded countertop. And, well, I made myself at home. Cream Puff got her sweets in a processed form, later.
The move-in process was impressive. The pack-job from the night before had been done in flawless reverse order of today's installation. I hardly lifted a finger and well, they did a great job! But hey- I was grunting too. I was lugging a 7-month old who is in 1-yr old clothing, ok?
In a matter of hours and a few meals later, their one-bedroom apartment looked better than my own room, which I moved back into a week ago, which I explain thus: 1) my brain operates differently and 2) I'm moving "in" and moving "out" at the same time. Most importantly, what a blessing it is that we can afford to have sturdy roofs over our heads. Yahoo!
Welcome to town you guys!
That's what I'm talking about
1 comment:
Hannah,
I was looking for an email address to write you, to no avail (Sara is gone in the heebie-jeebies this week), but I just wanted to say how exciting it is about Niger! I have to say that was unexpected (for me) - but sounds amazing, an incredible opportunity and experience. Congratulations!
Would like hearing more reflections about your time in Congo - was it good, great, terrible, worthwhile, boring, fun, etc etc?
(Other reflections concerning - ahem cough*men would also be welcome. Epa, sorry to write that publicly.)
Things holding steady here. Fudza the chicken still lives under the basket :( and Sampson is still happy and smelly...
Write when you can,
Brooke
Post a Comment