I had no idea the labor would be so long...but I guess they say first babies take a long time to come...
It was Mark's labor, Fall through Spring and countless hours. And I caught the baby.
| Little M and I 'caught' the baby (a.k.a. picked up the drawings) from the County Offices... |
| ...And displayed them in the tree-mounted-weather-proof box for field use...making our building site official. |
It was all of a short morning phone call announcing that our permit was (finally...gasp...at last...) ready to pick up- as if it were that simple! Mr. Plan Reviewer's signature assures that our house plans meet building code and we are free to proceed.
Big M gets the credit for designing a lovely little creative house from scratch, maximizing building code, drawing with architecture software, navigating processes, officials, and engineering, and building up the stamina to work around all the corners of a full-time job and family. I worked my brain's tail off to provide practically accurate opinions about a house I can't see but will live in, and empowered his hands to be free to design, while wrestling not a little with my role as labor support. Anyway, together we've stepped across the "Building Permit" line in the sand!
2 comments:
Here you go!
Congrats!! So exciting!
Post a Comment