Every Easter, as faithfully as a street preacher, Dad would haul out a boombox and a well-worn soundtrack cassette tape. We would hear him practicing his solo, in un-throttled baritone, a song by Don Francisco. He would sing it for anyone who would have him-- Easter services at our tiny rural church, a prayer breakfast or two. In all the years he sang that song, he never got the timing...but did that stop him?
Holy week, when death and resurrection are freely talked about among Christians, I freely remember the shadows of death that have touched my life journey. But I REJOICE because the sting is truly not there. Death has been swallowed up in victory! The Savior has risen and we shall not die. These things are true! and they really rock the entropy of this world. As much as the author of Life is alive, so are those who are hidden in Christ.
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galations 2:20
I am sure Dad needs no boombox now.
Here is the song.
No comments:
Post a Comment