June is a verb

I get it now. Each year, the sudden lurch into high activity rather surprises me, as the year turns Spring into Summer. Perhaps it's the heat or the furious plant growth or the summer solstice that alters our pace, I don't know. But today it dawned on me, something which I never learned in English class: that June is a verb. That's what we've been doing these last few weeks: Juning!


Homestead reports:
H&M- living it up
Guest room- enjoying lots of company
Tomatoes- fattening
Cucumbers- climbing, first one was delicious
Cosmos and Lupines- coming!
Canoes- dripping
Mercedes- drinking gallons and gallons of inky fluids, trying not to get dehydrated.

2 comments:

Second Sister said...

In Minnesota, summer is a verb. Between June and Aug you've got to move as much as possible cause it gets cold and dark and wet all too soon. Make hay while the sun shines- literally. The sun is finally out today here, after a week of rain and gray-last night 52 degrees! Pa-leeeeze! I'm ready for some juning.

Queenie said...

Sounds like a very fun thing to do, this Juning. So glad you are enjoying it! Thanks for all your posts and messages--tried to call yesterday but couldn't get a voicemail message. Love you!