Once and again

Here I am again at the easel; and long I've stood, pondering how to pick up the brush. How am I to name a painting before I've touched the canvas? Email and internet give everything a 'Subject', a challenge that I like and dislike that at the same time. My life and thoughts don't have a title or a label under which I can archive them. We're all just painting and doing the best we know how, breathing gratefully borrowed breath from the Spirit of God who compels our brushes.

So like it or not, I renamed my easel: a name chosen for its layered meanings, not the least of which is the covenant into which I have newly entered, symbolized by two silver rings made by my now husband. This gives a profoundly new shape to my life, certainly a growth ring in the trunk of my tree.

So I welcome you here, under the shade as I let the sap run, leaf out, turn color and sway branches in the wind...

1 comment:

Second Sister said...

cool, Hannah. where'd you get the backdrop...